- How do I get Copies of an Accident Report or Police Report?
- Concealed Pistol Licenses
- Dog Regulations
- Vacation Checks
- Criminal History and Records Checks
- Property/Evidence Request
- Bicycle Tags and Found/Recovered Bicycles
- Registered Sex Offenders
- Employment Opportunities
- Child Safety Seats and Seatbelts
- What do I do if I think that I'm a Victim of Identity Theft?
- After Hours Business Number and 911 Information
Fingerprinting is done by appointment only each Tuesday, 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Please call the office at 360-855-0111 to set up an appointment. Valid photo identification such as a passport, driver’s license or state-issued ID card is required. Cost is as follows:
- 1 or 2 cards is $10.00
- Each additional card is $5.00
How do I get Copies of an Accident Report or Police Report?
To obtain a copy of an Accident Report, please call 360-855-0111 to find out if the report is available to pick up. To obtain a copy of any other type of Police Report, please fill out a Request for Public Records through our GovQA Portal or via paper form at the Sedro-Woolley Police Department. You will be notified when your report is available.
Charges for any type of report are as follows:
- The first 5 pages are free of charge
- Any additional pages are $0.15 per page
- A Photo CD is an additional $5.00 charge (if applicable)
(for residents within the city limits of Sedro-Woolley only)
For an original Concealed Pistol License, please call 360 855 0111 during business hours – 0830 to 430 pm Monday through Friday- to make an appointment to obtain a license. Appointments are being scheduled on Thursday afternoons between two and four and are on a first come first served basis. For the appointment you will need a valid ID with a city address or a valid ID and a utility bill as well as a check or money order for $48.00. We are not accepting any other form of payment at this time.
Renewals for concealed pistol licenses can be done 90 days in advance of the expiration date and are done by mail. A completed Concealed Pistol License form, a check or money order for $32.00 and a copy of your current CPL. Late renewals are accepted up to 90 days after the expiration date at a cost of $42 with the same requirements of a completed form, check or money order for $42 and copy of the current CPL mailed to the police department with the address of Sedro-Woolley PD, 325 Metcalf Street, Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284. Please make the checks or money orders out to the City of Sedro-Woolley.
The Sedro-Woolley animal control ordinance is intended to be owner-friendly. To make it easier for the City to keep the streets enjoyable and the dogs safe, here are some helpful guidelines for dog owners:
- A dog license is required if your dog is over four months old. (This is also the recommended age for your dog’s first rabies vaccination, which can only be administered by a vet.) Dog tags are free, and the owner (over 18 years of age) must present a current rabies vaccination certificate at the time of registration. You may obtain a free license for your dog at the Sedro-Woolley Police Department, Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- It is illegal ($150 fine) to permit your dog to be "at large". " Dog at Large" means to be off the premises of the owner and not under the control of the owner or of an authorized person over 12 years of age, either by leash or otherwise.
- City residents may keep a maximum of three dogs over four months of age
- Please keep our city clean and our dogs healthy by cleaning up after your dog ($150 fine).
Please refer to Sedro-Woolley Municipal Code Title 6-Animals for more information.
(For residents within the city limits of Sedro-Woolley only)
To obtain a vacation check, please submit a Vacation Check Form to the Sedro-Woolley Police Department, 325 Metcalf Street. Vacation checks are done by retired senior volunteers. While you are away, your residence will be checked by our volunteers, noting any unusual conditions and inspecting the premise of your home during your absence. There is no charge for this service. However, if you would like to make a donation to the Sedro-Woolley Police Department, we continue to show our appreciation to our senior volunteers with supplies, luncheons, awards, etc.
Criminal History and Records Checks:
For a Criminal History Check (usually state-wide) we refer people to the WATCH Program by the Washington State Patrol. They can be reached by calling our local WSP office at 360-757-8907, or online at https://fortress.wa.gov/wsp/watch.
All property and evidence requests need to go through the Evidence Tech at the Sedro-Woolley Police Department. Anyone having questions and/or needing property or evidence released should call the Sedro-Woolley Police Department and ask for the Evidence Tech. The Evidence Tech will determine if the property is eligible for release, and will then arrange for an appointment. If the Evidence Tech is not available, please leave a phone number and message so that they can return your call. There is no charge for this service.
(For residents within the city limits of Sedro-Woolley only)
Registration stickers are available at the Sedro-Woolley Police Department front desk, Monday through Friday, 10am to 5pm. We encourage residents to come in and register their bicycles. In the event your bicycle is found or recovered, the Police Department will contact the registered owner of the bicycle and make arrangements to return it. Citizens are welcome to inquire at the Sedro-Woolley Police Department for missing or stolen bicycles that are not registered. There is no charge to register your bicycle.
The Sedro-Woolley Police Department uses PublicSafetyTesting.com to hire police officers. You may apply at anytime, whether there are current openings or not. For test dates, locations and to apply, visit www.publicsafetytesting.com or call 1-866-HIRE911. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Check the City of Sedro-Woolley Employment Page on this website for current openings.
Child Safety Seats/Seatbelts:
Infants ride rear-facing in an infant or convertible car seat until they are at least one year of age AND at least 20 lbs. Never place a rear-facing child in front of an active passenger air bag. Children at least one year and at least 20 lbs. ride in forward-facing car seats until:
- They reach the seat's upper weight limit OR
- Shoulders are above top harness slots OR
- Ears are above back of seat shell OR
- They reach 40 lbs.
Effective June 1, 2007, children less than 8 years old must be restrained in child restraint systems, unless the child is 4'-9" or taller. Children over 8 years old or over 4'-9" tall must be properly restrained with the motor vehicle safety belt or an appropriately fitting child restraint system. Children under 13 years old must be transported in rear seats where it is practical to do so.
What do I do if I think that I'm a Victim of Identity Theft?
If you are a victim of a vehicle prowl, theft or burglary you may become a victim of Identity Theft. You should IMMEDIATELY notify the three credit bureaus to put your credit history on "Fraud Alert". This could save you from many hours of trying to clear up financial matters. Here are the three credit bureaus:
You can also go to www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data/idt.shtm or call 1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338); TTY: 1-866-653-4261.