Curbside Recycling is now provided by the City Solid Waste Division. Here are a few resources that will help explain this service:
Free Service to Opt-Out for Delivery of Phonebooks, Catalogs and other Unwanted Mail at www.catalogchoice.org
The Washington Department of Ecology invites you to join their Facebook page for the 1-800-RECYCLE Hotline!
Please visit their page, “like” them, and “share” it with your Facebook friends. You'll find Green Tips on Tuesday, Shout Outs on Mondays, Throwback Thursdays, Trivia on Friday, and other interesting recycling information.
Check out the 1-800-RECYCLE Hotline Facebook page to:
If you know of a useful recycling website, facility, or special collection event that we don’t have listed, please share it on their Facebook page. They want to learn from you, too!
The Recycling that we Accept for Free at our at our city recycling center:
Newspaper, cardboard, mixed paper, aluminum, metal, glass all colors, and tin cans, motor oil, vehicle batteries, household batteries and old printing cartridges from your printer. We also accept packaging materials: Styrofoam peanuts and bubble wrap. When recycling appliances and tires at our site you will have to pay a fee, please call ahead for price of disposal.
The City Recycling Center is an Authorized Collection Site for most electronics such as televisions, computer monitors, computers and many other types of electronics.
The City Recycling Center is now an Authorized Collection Site for Compact Fluorescent Lights (CFL), High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps and Fluorescent Tubes.
Related Documents and resources:Related links:
- Skagit County Public Works and Solid Waste
- Recycle Right Washington Website:
- English -- https://ecology.wa.gov/recycleright
- Spanish -- https://ecology.wa.gov/reciclabien
- Blog -- Recycle Right: How empty is empty enough? How clean is clean enough? How dry is dry enough?
- Crayons Recycling: http://crazycrayons.com/recycle_program.html
- Christmas Light Recycling: https://www.holidayleds.com/christmas-light-recycling-program.aspx
- Styrofoam Information: http://www.epspackaging.org/info.html
- Best Management Practices: Commingled Residential Recycling
How You Can Help by Recycling Your Tires
CONCRETE AND ASPHALT RECYCLING
|Crushing the Concrete and Ashalt|
|Using the Concrete and Asphalt at the City Hall Project|