From: Mayor Julia Johnson
Subject: City Statement on COVID-19
The City of Sedro-Woolley is following County guidelines regarding the COVID-19 virus. We have met one-on-one with the Skagit County Health Department and have placed their recommendations on our website.
So you know, as a City we have established guidelines regarding the COVID-19. As new information is known, we will update our recommendations if necessary.
In an effort to reduce any transmission of COVID-19, any employees displaying symptoms will be sent home. As they recover, the option to tele-work may be provided, upon proper approval. As an additional safeguard, we are cancelling the March meeting for the Planning Commission, and will post on our website should other Planning Commission meetings be pushed back a month.
The City Council will have the option to call in, and the Public Comment period will be deleted. In its place, the public may send email and their statements that will be read into the public record. EMS/Fire and Police Department are following County, State, and National guidelines. Every patient contact that meets the criteria is evaluated following protocol handed down from those agencies. In addition, our PD is following Pandemic Preparedness guidelines as stated by SCCJC.
The City of Sedro-Woolley is taking the COVID-19 virus very seriously. As a reminder, please remember to do the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill.
The resources listed below may help you respond to client/participant, family and staff questions:
- Washington State Department of Health call center: 1-800-525-0127 or Washington State Department of Health COVID-19 webpage. These links provide information on the outbreak in Washington State, how the virus spreads, and general information on what to do if people are concerned about symptoms.
- Washington State Department of Health’s Coronavirus Page: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/index.html
The best place to find updated local information about COVID-19 is: skagitcounty.net/coronavirus
Julia Johnson, Mayor
City of Sedro-Woolley