Frequently Asked Questions


Are special accommodations available for persons with disabilities?

Yes. In accordance with the requirements of title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ("ADA"), the City of Sedro-Woolley will not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities on the basis of disability in its services, programs, or activities. See the ADA Resources tab for our policy and addtional information.

I've just moved to Sedro-Woolley - City Limits. 
Whom do I contact to set up services?

Sewer, Garbage & Recycling - City of Sedro-Woolley - (360) 855-0929
Water - Skagit County PUD No. 1 - (360) 424-7104
Cable - Comcast - 1-800-266-2278
Electricity - Puget Sound Energy - 1-888-225-5773
Gas - Cascade Natural Gas Corp. - 1-800-848-3406
Telephone - Frontier - 1-877-462-8188

Where can I pay my local service bills?

City of Sedro-Woolley -- located at 325 Metcalf Street,  Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284 (drop box at Metcalf entrance to City Hall and drive-up payment box in alley behind post office) - accepts payments for: City Sewer, Garbage & Recycling
Food Pavilion -- located at 530 Crossroads Square - accepts payments for: Cascade Natural Gas (Gas) Comcast (Cable) Puget Sound Energy (Electricity)
Skagit State Bank -- located at 300 Ferry Street - accepts payments for: Public Utility District #1 (Water)

Is a business license required to conduct business inside the City limits
of Sedro-Woolley?

The City of Sedro-Woolley has partnered with the Department of Revenue's Business Licensing Service (BLS) effective September 18, 2011.  You may now apply for or modify your license online.

Sedro-Woolley Municipal Code - Business License (Title 5)

Are garbage and recycling pick up mandatory in the City of

Yes. In accordance with Ordinance 689, the maintenance of health and sanitation requires the collection, removal, and disposal of garbage and  refuse within the city be compulsory and universal.  Regulation of the  disposal of solid waste and recycling is necessary to promote the public health, safety and the welfare of the citizens of Sedro-Woolley.

When are City Council and Planning Commission meetings held?

City Council meetings are held at 7:00 PM on the second and fourth Wednesdays of  every month (with the exception of November and December). City Council Worksessions are held at 7:00 PM on the first Tuesday of every month. Planning Commission meetings are held on the third Tuesday of every month. See the City Calendar for details.

Who do I call regarding curbside yard waste collection?

Curbside food and yard waste recycling is an optional service provided by the City to its residents.  For additional information see the utility billing page or call 360-855-0929.

Who do I call before I dig?


Is a dog license required inside City limits?

Yes. All dogs over four months of age are required to be vaccinated against rabies and licensed for FREE by the police department.  Please bring your rabies certificate with you to SWPD.  Dogs may not run at large in the city, and if impounded, the owner is subject to fines and impound fees.  For more information about our animal regulations, please call 360-855-3211.

Who do I contact regarding property taxes?

The Assessor's Office assesses property taxes as passed by taxing jurisdictions and as approved by voters. The dividing of the tax bill is based on market value, as per Washington Law. Assessed taxes are then paid to and receipted by the Skagit County Treasurers office. For more information contact: Skagit County Assessors office at (360) 336-9370 Skagit County Treasurers office at (360) 336-9350.

Where can I register to vote?

Forms are available at Sedro-Woolley City Hall for registering to vote, name or address changes and absentee voting. After completing the form they are mailed to Olympia for processing. Voting information is also available through the Skagit County Elections department at (360) 336-9305.

How do I contact the Sedro-Woolley Post Office?

The local U.S. Post Office is located at 111 Woodworth. The local phone number is (360) 855-0545.

Where do I license my vehicle?

The local vehicle licensing department is located at 810 Metcalf Street (the Sedro-Woolley Chamber of Commerce office). They can be reached at (360) 855-1162.

Where is the Sedro-Woolley Chamber of Commerce?

They are located at 810 Metcalf Street and can be reached at (360) 855-1841.

What is the mailing address for the Sedro-Woolley Police Department?

325 Metcalf Street, Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284

What is the population of the City of Sedro-Woolley?

April 1, 2016 Office of Financial Management population estimate for the City of Sedro-Woolley is 11,030.

How many square miles is the City of Sedro-Woolley?

As of October 2016 the City of Sedro-Woolley city limits encompasses about 4.51 square miles (approximately 2886 acres).

Does the City of Sedro-Woolley have a disaster plan?

The City of Sedro-Woolley participated in the development of, and has officially adopted the Skagit County Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan. The plan is available on their website at: